Description of Role:
Skilled Bricklayer, with CSCS card, able to read and interpret drawings, prepare setting out for brickwork. Build and repair interior and exterior walls including external boundary walls. Experience of working on either residential, public, buildings. Accurate measuring up and setting out, good communication and co-ordination with other trades to obtain quality finish and cost effective build. Able to work safely from heights.
Between £130 to £230 per day inclusive, dependent on experience, based on 8 hour day, 5 day week.
- practical, with good hands-on skills
- methodical approach to method of working
- comfortable working at heights
- able to work carefully and accurately
- experienced as a self-employed contractor
- serious and responsible attitude towards health and safety
- customer focused, and able to safeguard the companies interests
- considerate as to the potential effects of actions on site and to neighboring properties
- able to follow construction drawings, written and verbal instructions
- reasonably fit and agile
- good at problem solving
- happy working in a team setting
- PPE required
- NVQ in brickwork or similar qualifications
- 2 recent references; recent proof of address; evidence of right to work in the UK.
- Original Proof of NI number
- A valid UTR for CIS verification purposes.
- A valid CSCS card.
- Proof of right to work in the UK.
- Good calculation and setting out skills.
- Good knowledge of trade, correct mortar mix’s and blending brickwork, water proofing structure.
- Ability to communicate in fluent, clear English essential.
- Must have the ability to assess adaptations to works, without compromising the integrity of the structure.
- High standard of pointing and finishing required.
- Good understanding of building technology, and deconstruction work including health and safety and good site practice.
- Good knowledge of building control requirements.
- Completion of courses in construction or bricklaying such as NVQ Diplomas.
- Proven on the job and experience essential.
- A Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment
- BTEC Introductory Certificate/Diploma in Construction, which offer bricklaying options
- CSkills Level 2 Intermediate Construction Award (trowel operations - bricklaying or craft masonry route)
- City & Guilds basic construction skills bricklaying.
- Preference to be insurance covered.
- Experience of installing block and beam flooring.
- Proven experienced in site supervision is a bonus.